Crabs are plentiful this year! at Husted’s Landing.
1 pound crabmeat, picked free of shells
1/3 cup crushed crackers (recommended: Ritz)
3 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
Dash cayenne pepper
Flour, for dusting
1/2 cup peanut oil
Favorite dipping sauce, for serving
1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil.
2. Shape into patties and dust with flour.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
6. Serve warm with preferred sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen